The largest leap towards a sustainable energy balance is arguably not a complete transition from fossil fuels to renewable energy sources but rather energy conservation. At ProHeat, we use in-depth technical knowledge to produce practical insights on energy conservation which can readily be applied to our customer’s process heating requirements.
Articles & publications
- Highlights key opportunities for improving temperature control and reducing fuel use for indirect heating on gas distribution networks.
- Compares temperatures control of a new Thermosyphon heater with a water bath heater where the Thermosyphon provides a 90% reduction in over and underheating.
- Explores the potential application of control systems modernisation to improve performance of boiler houses and water bath heaters in gas pre-heat applications.
Innovative Solutions to Complex Problems
Gas International (May 2018)
- Features a review of indirect heating technologies, including challenges faced in natural gas preheating applications.
- Presents the design philosophy for the Immersion Tube Thermosyphon Heater (ITTH) and outlines a technical explanation of benefits resulting form two-phase heat transfer.
- The thermal efficiency of the ITTH is compared to a traditional water bath heater showing an improvement from 46% to 90%.
An Indirect Heating Solution to Reduce CO2 Emission and Improve Efficiency of Gas Distribution
Energy Reports, Elsevier (Jan 2018)
- Discusses the role of natural gas in the establishment of a decentralised, flexible and low carbon energy system and the resulting challenges for gas distribution networks.
- Reviews the resilience of indirect heating infrastructure used in preheat applications and compares existing technology to the Immersion Tube Thermosyphon Heater (ITTH).
- A case study is presented the reduction in overheating losses between a traditional water bath heater and the ITTH.
Preheat Technology for Dynamic & Responsive Gas Distribution Networks
Network Magazine (Dec 2017)
- Describes the status quo established in the preheater market, highlighting the need for innovation to improve efficiency whilst maintaining reliability.
- Introduces ProHeat as a company introducing a novel technology in the endeavour of reducing life-time cost and improving environmental performance.
- Introduces the Immersion Tube Thermosyphon heater as a preheating solution, benchmarking a prototype’s thermal efficiency at 85%.
Driving Performance in Preheating
Gas International (Sept 2016)